May 14, 2012

Winter Reading Log 2011/2012

Reading-Log-WinterYes, I know I am behind.  Here is Mattie’s Reading List for the winter months.  Mason doesn’t have any books to show as his reluctant reader-ness is REALLY creating a standstill. This list is not complete, as Mattie is hard to keep up with.  She stacks her books by the computer for me to record, but what she reads on the Kindle is hard to keep up with.  If only that trait were contagious, we would purposely infect her brother.

 

Mason’s Log:

  • The Ordinary Farm
  • Fablehaven (Book 1) in progress

These were started by Mason and quickly abandoned.  :(

Mattie’s Log:

  • Maxwell's Closet
  • Just David
  • Michael Vey
  • The Door Within
  • The Mandie Collection Vol 1
  • The Lost Hero
  • Down the Mysterly River
  • The Lost Secret of Fairies
  • Mark of the Dragon Queen
  • George & the Magic Radio
  • What Katy Did
  • Justin Morgan had a Horse
  • The Magician's Apprentice
  • Jimmy Takes Vanishing Lessons
  • The Wizard Test
  • Our Only May Amelia
  • A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons
  • How to Ride a Dragon's Storm
  • Dragon Keeper
  • The Goose Girl
  • Thirteenth Child
  • The Merlin Conspiracy
  • How to Twist a Dragon's Tale
  • Oliver Twist
  • Fire Mage
  • The Journey
  • Light of Eidon
  • How to Speak Dragonese
  • The First Four Years
  • These Happy Golden Years
  • Little Town on the Prairie
  • How to be a Pirate
  • The Emerald Atlas
  • The Long Winter
  • By the Shores of Silver Lake
  • On the Banks of Plum Creek
  • Little House on the Prairie
  • The Detention Club
  • Farmer Boy
  • Little House in the Big Woods
  • The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place Book 2
  • The Orphan of Ellis Island
  • The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place
  • The Golden Acorn
  • Understood Betsy
  • The Little Princess
  • The Secret Garden
  • You'll Like it Here (Everybody Does)

Read Alouds

  • Redwall
  • The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs
  • The Tale of Two Castles

5 comments:

  1. Some people just don't like to read. My list is more like your daughters. :-)

    My son likes to listen to his books on audio which some may say is not as good, but his vocabulary is incredible, so I think it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reading list! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful week ahead ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so neat that you keep (or the kids keep?) a list of books that are read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tristan, I started it when Mattie finally started to really read. It makes me smile every time I see it! She has many more, that I'll have to add from the Kindle, but I needed to update my sidebar so I could return the mountain of books that had accumulated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fatcat, we just started a new audio book today. I agree with you, reading aloud (whether it be you or an audio book)does wonders for vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog. Feel free to leave me a comment.