November 01, 2011

Showing Gratitude Through Posters, Leaves, and Letters

For the past several years we’ve had an “I am thankful for” poster hanging in our home during the month of November.  Each member of our family wrote things they were thankful for on it throughout the month.  Visitors to our home were encouraged to add something they were thankful for as well. 

Just a few weeks ago, I came across our poster from 2009.  I was getting ready to throw it out when suddenly something caught my eye.

IMG_2370

Here, in my grandmother’s handwriting, is what she was thankful for that year.  My dear grandmother just passed away in August.   I can’t describe to you how special seeing what she was thankful for in her own handwriting has meant to me.  I miss her so.

This year we will still be writing down what we are thankful for, but we will be doing something a bit different.  We plan to capture our gratitude all month long through leaves and letters.

To read more click here - I am over at Latter-day Homeschooling today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog. Feel free to leave me a comment.