May 19, 2011

Reasons We Homeschool: Science Curriculum?

UF1105_250Mattie has had her face stuck in Urban Farm Magazine the past few days.  She’s shared with me all sorts of facts about Mason bees, flower pollination and blueberry plant varieties.  The other day she exclaimed -

“Mom, There are female and male flowers! I have to read more about this!”

This sort of thing is becoming common place around here.  A huge interest in subject matter will spike and I will plan on that being our next science study… and then it’s on to something else.

Urban Farm Magazine for a Science Resource?  I think so.

1 comment:

  1. When we first started HS, it was a rare occurance this happened. PS had programmed all curiosity out of my boys. Pretty soon things started getting asked, books started getting read and independant thinking started happening. It was amazing! My dh was telling me the other day how amazing it was because the boys had never done it before...What a wonderful benefit (blessing) of HS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog. Feel free to leave me a comment.