October 30, 2010

Our Bi-Weekly Review # 2 (Oct 18 – 29)

weekly check in2 These days just seem to fly by for us.  The week starts and the next thing I know, it’s Friday.  This is another bi-weekly review since I didn’t have the time to post our weekly review last week.

On the educational front, the children progressed through Dreambox Learning, and are working on goals in their Faith in God books.  They have been working on some memorization and are reading a lot more independently.  Isn’t it nice to see your children sucked into a book?  I just love it!

We finished Peter and the Starcatchers and Barney and the Runaway Read-alouds as well.

Week 1 of this review:

We accomplished the norm around here.  It’s nice to be in a groove that just happens without a whole lot of friction.  I was thankful for that.  I had ear and throat problems, which I started  antibiotics for.  I took a nap each day. ☺

Week 2 of this review:

This week was full of change for us. We started a new routine and it has truly made this week so wonderful.

Since Michael is attending college full time, the family chores needed to be redistributed.  Michael pulls a lot of weight around here.  He is quick to help out and is dependable with his chores. He has been since he was about 8 or so.

The younger two haven’t had as much (by way of chores) to be responsible for until now.  I set up a new routine this week.  I am happy to report that our home has been clean and laundry has been finished and behavior has been much improved.  In addition, more reading and extras have been enjoyed with our school work. I’ll post later about our routine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog. Feel free to leave me a comment.