October 04, 2010

I’ve been tagged & now so have you ☺

Tristan at Our Busy Homeschool, tagged me in a get to know you blog hopping game. She asked the following questions. My answers follow.

  • What is one food or meal you love to eat that your family does not enjoy, so you don’t make it often?  Pinto Beans, fried potatoes and cornbread. I ♥ it, but I’m the only one.
  • Tell me one thing you swore you would never do when you were a parent, but since having children of your own you have actually done.  I can’t think of a single thing to put here!  It’s probably because so many things are coming to the forefront that it’s clogged my memory channel. ☺
  • What character issue is God working on in your life right now?  Patience. I’ve been packed to move since early August and we haven’t moved.  We are living out of boxes.  I’m getting lots of practice with this one.
  • What is your favorite household chore?  How about your least favorite chore?  Favorite: Rearranging furniture and decor.  Least favorite:  laundry
  • As a homeschool mom, what is one area you feel you do well in, and one area you struggle with?  I have full confidence in the outcome of this homeschooling journey. I know that my children will have opportunities to learn the things necessary for their earthly missions, so I remain loyal to them, not to a curriculum or program.  I don’t have doubts and worry about it. This has truly blessed our family.  I struggle with being consistent with my youngest child.  He is my warrior for agency, and I’m still learning how to speak his language. 
  • Would you rather eat health food or exercise regularly?  I would rather have a good mixture of both. Our family loves to eat healthy, it’s when I'm tired or in a hurry that we get something less than healthy to eat.  I love to climb trees, rollerblade, bike, kick box, etc. but I haven't taken the time lately.)
  • What is one thing you love about your husband, and one thing that drives you bonkers?  I love that my husband adores me, truly he does and it’s a wonderful thing!  He is so handy and capable and dependable.  He sacrifices a great deal for our family and that makes me love him all the more.  What drives me bonkers about him, is that sometimes his playful nature doesn’t know when to stop.  It’s a blessing and a curse thing. ☺
  • When your kids all leave the nest what is one job you would like to try in all your free time?  I want to work in a library and I want to write a few books. – This was Tristan’s answer but seriously, I read it and thought “How did she know my answer!”
  • ☺  ☺   ☺   ☺   ☺   ☺   ☺   ☺  

    As part of TAG, I need to pick some players and ask eight questions of my own. The players are listed below.

    Here are the eight questions I want to ask to get to know you better:

    1. What is your favorite thing about being a MOM? (Connecting with each child and knowing they are truly a part of who I am.)
    2. What part of homeschooling your family makes your heart sing? (Reading aloud. I love that time probably the most, but the togetherness of it all makes me happy.)
    3. If you could have any dessert right now what would it be? ( I’m thinking something with chocolate or hot fudge and maybe some caramel or whipped cream – I don’t care what it is, just throw it in a dish and I’m there.)
    4. What is one thing about yourself that you’d like to change? (I would like to be physically stronger, my allergies and other health quirks leave me feeling run down a lot.  I need to get working on that.)
    5. What are some talents you’ve been blessed with? (I’ve been blessed with being able to do just about anything I want to. I used to think everyone was this way. If I want to make a craft project that I see, I can do it.  Or pretty much anything.  I am also full of ideas and great at problem solving.)
    6. What is a weakness you struggle with? (Remembering that I need to rely on the Lord and not on my own abilities. I think sometimes talents and weaknesses go hand in hand.)
    7. What book (just for you) has you enjoyed lately? (I really enjoy reading with my children. I recently read The Silence of God, just for me and really enjoyed it.
    8. What is something you would like to learn how to do? (I would like to learn to cut hair. I’ve cut bangs and dead ends off and used the sheers on my boys.  But I’ve never learned how to really cut their hair other than that.)

    I am tagging the following people:

    Jeanine @ Peel Academy

    Lindsey @ You are Here

    We7 @ 5 Kid Pile-Up

    Andrea @ Harvest Academy

    Susana @ Our Homeschool Fun

    Let us get to know you by playing tag! Oh by the way – You are now It!  When you‘ve answered your questions, please come back here and comment so I can be sure to come visit your game.

    2 comments:

    1. Hey! Thanks for tagging me, it was fun. I finally Tagged some other bloggers.

      Packing, Moving and Waiting all require great patience... Good luck with all of that :)

      Writing books sounds wonderful, I bet they would be great reads.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for giving me a reason to post on my blog again. It was fun seeing your answers and having to think about mine. I hope you're able to move in soon!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting our blog. Feel free to leave me a comment.