It’s nice to receive recognition for something. I recently received a Versatile Blog Award from Legendswife over at The Way We Homeschool.
Admittedly so, I wanted to look up the word versatile and here is the definition:
1. capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.
2. having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool.
3. Botany. attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely, as an another.
4. Zoology. turning either forward or backward: a versatile toe.
5. variable or changeable, as in feeling, purpose, or policy: versatile moods.
I am choosing to think my blog would fit best with # 2. At least I hope so. I have benefitted so much from others’ journeys through homeschooling and motherhood and I hope by sharing our experiences I might somehow help someone else; I hope to be useful.
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Share 7 things about yourself, and
2. Pass the award on to 5 fellow bloggers (with links to their blogs)
Here are 7 things about myself you may or may not already know:
- I am the oldest of 5 children, so I like to be in charge and care for others around me. It’s part of who I am.
- I wanted to have 5 children of my own, but was only able to have 3. I trust that the Lord knows what He is doing. I am grateful for my crew whom I adore.
- My husband of 19 + years is the baby of 5 boys and lets me think I am the boss most of the time ;) He is the peanut butter to my jelly and I can honestly say that he “completes” me (as cheesy as it may sound).
- I am a bookaholic and I don’t care who knows it.
- I love my family and I love homeschooling and I feel like this is what I was born to do.
- I love the Lord and try to be more like Him each day.
- I have an inner dork that just pops out when a picture is taken of me. It’s true. I’ve tried to suppress it, but alas it’s there and there’s no controlling it. You can ask my family. ☺
I have benefited in so many ways from so many of you. Here are a few fellow bloggers that have inspired, encouraged or enlightened me:
- Tristan @ Our Busy Homeschool – Tristan has a houseful of little ones and she is able to accomplish so much. She shares the same passion for family that I do and I’ve enjoyed getting to know her better through the blogging sphere.
- Bridget @ University Cookie – is just awesome and I’m happy she shares her talents with me. I know she shares them with others, but you know…. She shares them with me. ☺
- Tonya @ Live the Adventure – I’ve followed Tonya for a while now, we both started writing for The Homeschool Classroom around the same time. And I always enjoy reading her posts.
- Donna @ Flowers n’ Plaid – I’ve enjoyed reading Donna’s thoughts. She’s has a little bit of this and a little bit of that on her blog. She seems like a real person. I like that. I prefer real people to not real ones, don’t you?
- I just couldn’t decide with all the great blogs in my reader. SO I’m not going to. If your blog wasn’t listed in 1 – 4, then you would be here with my other favorites. ☺
Thanks to all my Blogging Buddies out there! You are awesome! Even if your post doesn’t overflow with comments, Please know that what you write matters. Keep it up!