August 10, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award

 a596b01c546e0a02310d5b9fb037abdfIt’s nice to receive recognition for something.  I recently received a Versatile Blog Award from Legendswife over at The Way We Homeschool.  

Admittedly so, I wanted to look up the word versatile and here is the definition:

–adjective

1. capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.

2. having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool.

3. Botany. attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely, as an another.

4. Zoology. turning either forward or backward: a versatile toe.

5. variable or changeable, as in feeling, purpose, or policy: versatile moods.

I am choosing to think my blog would fit best with # 2.  At least I hope so.  I have benefitted so much from others’ journeys through homeschooling and motherhood and I hope by sharing our experiences I might somehow help someone else; I hope to be useful.

The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Share 7 things about yourself, and
2. Pass the award on to 5 fellow bloggers (with links to their blogs)

Here are 7 things about myself you may or may not already know:

  1. I am the oldest of 5 children, so I like to be in charge and care for others around me.  It’s part of who I am.
  2. I wanted to have 5 children of  my own, but was only able to have 3.  I trust that the Lord knows what He is doing.  I am grateful for my crew whom I adore.
  3. My husband of 19 + years is the baby of 5 boys and lets me think I am the boss most of the time ;)  He is the peanut butter to my jelly and I can honestly say that he “completes” me (as cheesy as it may sound).
  4. I am a bookaholic and I  don’t care who knows it.
  5. I love my family and I love homeschooling and I feel like this is what I was born to do.
  6. I love the Lord and try to be more like Him each day.
  7. I have an inner dork that just pops out when a picture is taken of me.  It’s true.  I’ve tried to suppress it, but alas it’s there and there’s no controlling it.  You can ask my family. ☺

I have benefited in so many ways from so many of you.  Here are a few fellow bloggers that have inspired, encouraged or enlightened me:

  1. Tristan @ Our Busy Homeschool – Tristan has a houseful of little ones and she is able to accomplish so much. She shares the same passion for family that I do and I’ve enjoyed getting to know her better through the blogging sphere.
  2. Bridget @ University Cookie – is just awesome and I’m happy she shares her talents with me.  I know she shares them with others, but you know…. She shares them with me. ☺
  3. Tonya @ Live the Adventure – I’ve followed Tonya for a while now, we both started writing for The Homeschool Classroom around the same time. And I always enjoy reading her posts.
  4. Donna @ Flowers n’ Plaid – I’ve enjoyed reading Donna’s thoughts.  She’s has a little bit of this and a little bit of that on her blog.  She seems like a real person.  I like that.  I prefer real people to not real ones, don’t you?
  5. I just couldn’t decide with all the great blogs in my reader.  SO I’m not going to. If your blog wasn’t listed in 1 – 4, then you would be here with my other favorites. ☺

Thanks to all my Blogging Buddies out there!  You are awesome!  Even if your post doesn’t overflow with comments, Please know that what you write matters. Keep it up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dana! Thanks for the cool award! I love it and honored that you mentioned me! :)

    On a side note (since it's been seconded) I'll take your suggestion and work on putting together that post about our favorite RV moments. It'll be fun.

    Blessings!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana. I'm catching up post wedding. This was such a great surprise. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog. Feel free to leave me a comment.