June 01, 2010

The DOG DAYS of Summer are here!

Photoxpress_4156958 Today is Monday Tuesday…. I’m off a day due to the holiday.   We worked on our school work this morning and then hurried Michael to his appointment.  Wouldn’t ya know it, nobody was there…. because his appointment isn’t until tomorrow… UUGHH!

It is a blistering 95 degrees in the shade here and the lake has been closed to swimmers due to E Coli.   Since we were out, we ran to the store to pick up some new hand towels and a few other things.  It is oppressive and HUMID out there.

We still have school work to do, but we got so hot while we were out, that we are all vegging in front of a screen of some kind while cooling down.  IF we didn’t homeschool year round, this is what most of our hot Summer days would be like… vegging in front of a screen…

On days like this (and this is only the beginning) I am so grateful for AIR-CONDITIONING!   It is a luxury I truly appreciate.

I am now going to go sit in our leather recliner, because it feels nice and cool, and read aloud to my children.  We have a Lewis & Clark Expedition to join from the comforts of our air-conditioned home. ☺

1 comment:

  1. That's what I love about books!! ("We have a Lewis & Clark Expedition to join from the comforts of our air-conditioned home".)

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog. Feel free to leave me a comment.