May 29, 2010

Some Historical Fiction Favorites

dastack

I adore historical fiction!  My knowledge of History was pitiful before homeschooling.   I am so blessed to be able to be learning it right along side my children now.   We all LOVE it!  We especially love books written in journal and diary format.

We are currently reading The Journal of Augustus Pelletier – The Lewis and Clark Expedition 1804.  Not long ago we finished Voyage On The Great Titanic The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady – RMS Titanic, 1912.  We have read several others and enjoyed everyone.  I was looking for additional treasures to add to our library list and I found these lists broken down by era.  I am planning to print them out.  I would love to read them all.

They have a new site coming Fall 2010.  However, at the current site, you can find arts and crafts pertaining to the time period, bookmarks and other neat resources.  There are videos of some of the books as well. Awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog. Feel free to leave me a comment.