by MaryAnn R. Kohl & Kim Solga
I’ll just get right to the point – You have to get this book for your art study! It is jam packed full of great stuff - with 140 pages of information on great artists and projects representing them. Each artist’s section has a short biography which is what I have used for our Artist pages in our History Notebook. There are such original and fun projects demonstrating the style and materials used by the Artist of study. There are projects of ink, acrylic paints, watercolors, pastels, collage compositions, clay pieces, and just too much to mention.
This book is organized into 6 Chapters:
- Long, Long Ago (Renaissance & Post Renaissance)
- Sunny & Free (Impressionists & Post Impressionists)
- Wild & Wacky (Expressionists, Abstract, Abstract-Expressionists, Cubists, Dadaists, & Surrealists)
- Art Today Every Way (Pop, Op, Folk, Modern, Cartoonists, Photojournalists, & Children’s Book Illustrators)
- Make It & Play It (Games & Child-Made Activities)
- Resource Guide
The only thing, in my opinion, that would make this book perfect, would be if the artists pieces were in color. This book truly is a treasure.