Here are the things we are including:
- insect repellant
- magnifying glasses
- various containers to hold anything from cool rocks, dead bugs and seeds, to water samples and any other treasure we come upon.
- small first aid kit
- our new addition - a GPS for geocaching
- a portable microscope
- Some rope/twine
- small shovels & rakes
- small fire starting kit (in case we want to cook on the camp grill for lunch or something)
- camera & batteries
- nature notebooks and pencils to record our findings
- grabber stick
- guidebooks (birds,trees,flowers,etc)
I was asked if I take this with me all the time. The answer is yes and no. Yes - We just throw the backpack in the back of the car when we head for the great outdoors. We might carry it when we are hiking or geocaching, or planning an indepth nature investigation, but (here's the No part) more often we will pull out the binoculars, or magnifying glass or other piece of gear and leave the rest in the car. The nice thing about having a nature backpack is that it has all the stuff you might need all in one place, and you can choose when you get to your destination what you would like to use.
I am wanting to purchase a underwater viewer for our backpack, but haven’t located one yet. If you know where I can find one, share the info in the comments. Thanks ☺